Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Adina's Bat Mitzvah clothes


Here's my parents, husband and myself, and our four kids at our oldest daughter's Bat Mitzvah. I am quite the novice clothing stitcher, but wanted to try to pull it off. All the clothes are made from Chinese brocade that I ordered over the internet. The pattern for my dress is an adapted nightgown pattern which screamed on the envelope, "Use only with knits!" Having zero clue what I was doing, I had to put in gussets (cursing), and futz around with the sleeves a lot. Adina's turquoise skirt, and little Sara's jumper were based on patterns I got off the internet, and I designed Atara Tiferet's skirt myself (if you call an A-line with a ruffle "design.") I had visions of making a tie for my husband, but ran out of time. I have a lot to learn about fit, but the homemade clothing played its role in an evening full of joy and significance.
-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment